Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Hannukah Hunt!

Lilah tov! (That means good evening in Hebrew.) I'm seeing a lot of Christmas hunts and such, so I thought I'd get together a Hannukah hunt.

So, what is Hannukah?

Hannukah is also called the Festival of Lights. The story of Hannukah goes as follows: the Greeks took over Palistine, and tried to convert the Jews to Christianity. Some did, some didn't. And in the Greeks attempt to convert the Jews, they ravaged the Temple. The Jews found out, and they cleaned up. They wanted to light the menorah, but didn't have enough oil. They put the oil in the menorah, and, miraculously, it lasted for eight days.

So we light a menorah for eight days, and get a present for each night. At my house, we get small presents for the first seven nights and a big present for the eighth night. Latkes are made by shreading potatoes and frying them into a pancake shape. Donuts are also eaten because, like latkes, they are fried in oil.

Now for the hunt details.

The items have to be related to Hannukah or Jews. Items are menorahs, Jewish stars, latkes, donuts, flames. Skins, props, poses, shoes, and clothes are included. Contact me, LenaLove Avro for an application. I hope this goes over well!

Don't be afraid; I don't bite!

LenaLove Avro

No comments:

Post a Comment