Saturday, April 24, 2010

No Fashion Today

I want to talk about something that is affecting my Real Life. My grandmother on my dads side has cancer. She's had it for more than three years, and she's done great. Her attitude has been high, and she fought her cancer for a while. But now she's dying. The cancer started to not react to the chemo, and she's getting worse every hour. My dad and his sisters went to visit her.

I have two theories why this is affecting me so much. My first theory is that I love her. She aged so gracefully, and she is so pretty. She also has a great attitude. She was such a fighter throughout her cancer. My second theory is that I am older and understand mortality a little more. It could end at any time. Our lives could just be taken away. Now, I understand that my grandma is 70-something, and I'm not. But we have to live our lives like it's our last day on earth, because it might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment